Thursday, August 28, 2008

Almost One Week Completed

I must say that the school days are very long. I'm in class 8-5 or 9-5 most days then I get to come home and study. My life has definitely been consumed. Yesterday felt like it should have Friday with all that I've done this week. I asked a vet student if I was supposed to be learning stuff. He said, "No, just absorbing and then dumping after tests." So I think I'm on the right track. In Histology we looked at different types of nuclei, but I don't know what I was supposed to learn from that.

I did learn that a pimple is a cheat sheet in a Microbiology exam as it shows the 4 signs of infection - redness, heat, inflammation, and pain. I also understand why vet students don't respond to emails right away. It's because we get so many everyday and skim through them and go back to studying.

On a side note, I think there's a daycare right outside my apartment door. While I'm studying, I hear little kids playing/screaming/crying and riding their scooters and tricycles by my window.

No comments: