I finished my first round of tests and have a week break until a couple more. The other day I was thinking about my Parasitology class. A lot of the information is really interesting. BUT on the flipside, I also know of all the possible parasites I probably am and could be infected with.
Just so you know, don't go swimming in Lake Victoria because apparently there' a really good chance of a little schistosome drilling through your skin and going to live in your liver.
This class really makes you wonder if you should eat that food or swim in that lake or river. You also realize that there's really no way of avoiding parasites. Why am I starting to itch?